Masterclass: Social Media SOS -the crisis comms course for a smartphone society
For: Communications and marketing professionals
When: October 31st 2023, 10am – 3pm
Where: Live online training
Cost: £499+VAT per person
- What will you do if you suddenly get hundreds of angry tweets/Facebook comments about your organisation?
- Have you got strategies ready if thousands of people are making videos criticising your brand on TikTok?
- Would you have support and plans in place if a crisis happened tomorrow?
The way that a reputational crisis plays out is very different today than it was before social media became commonplace.
Post-pandemic, audiences are more connected to the online world, misinformation is rife, social media companies have tweaked their algorithms.
It’s time to refresh your skills so you can prevent a story getting out of control, or deal with a crisis effectively if it blows up quickly online.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
No organisation is perfect and one day, you will face criticism – the social web makes managing the situtation different: faster, bigger, cheaper, outrage-ier!
Every crisis can be an opportunity.
This ‘Social media SOS’ workshop covers theory, case studies and the tactics you need to plan how you’ll respond.
We’ll look at the art of apologising, hitting the right tone, which channels to use and how to use them, media management and more.
This is an interactive session for anyone interested in how to effectively manage when a crisis or difficult story erupts online.
To participate in this course, basic communications or PR experience and understanding of social media is required as a minimum.
Join social media expert, Hel Reynolds, for a day of learning, discussion and planning.
- Buy-in - how to get your bosses to understand and plan for a crisis
- Adapt or die - how social media has changed crisis comms in the past three years
- Understanding how social media algorithms impact a crisis
- How crisis emerges, erupts and ebbs on social media
- How social media works with media relations and and supports other comms channels during a crisis
- What to say, how to say it, and when
- The social media apology
- Selecting and training spokespeople and social media champions
- Social media formats: stataments, live broadcasts, selfies TikToks and graphics
- Managing internal stakeholders
- Social media analysis: listening tools, analytics and reporting during the crisis
- Rumour management, spoofs and misinformation
- Your crisis preperation checklist
By the end of this masterclass, you’ll have all the tools, knowledge and confidence you need to handle whatever may come.
Need to book by invoice?
Email email@example.com and tell us which course you’re booking on, and how many people you’re booking for.
Otherwise, book your place below by credit card.