16 Social media interview questions: prepare to land that dream job
Here are some social media interview questions – so you can prepare for before you go in and get that dream job.
I asked some of my wonderful network of comms and social media professionals questions they have been asked, and questions they asked candidates for social media jobs.
No matter what level you’re at, being ready with your answers to these social media interview questions will set you up for success.
Social media interview questions
- What experience do you have dealing with a social media crisis?
- How do you measure the success of your social media content?
- What do you do if content isn’t working?
- Which brands’ social accounts do you like and why?
- What’s the most common mistake you see from other brands in social media – the one thing that you see time and again that you think is a waste of time and money?
- What’s your approach to having conversations with your audiences on social media? Can you give an example of a productive conversation you’ve had on social media?
- Tell us about a campaign you’ve worked on that you’re proud of.
- What are the differences in using a professional account compared to a personal one?
- Can you think of another social media account that does what we do well? And what can we do better?
- Can you tell us about a campaign that didn’t do well?
- How do you communicate and enable colleagues outside comms and marketing to use social media?
- How do you handle internal disagreements about the tone of voice used on our messaging?
- Would there be any instances were you might need to be careful in putting out posts?
- How would you go about communicating something controversial where there are conflicting views among your audience?
- Give us feedback on our current social media platforms: What are they like? What would you change? What platforms or content would you consider using that we’re not already taking advantage of?
- What aspect of the role might you struggle with?
With huuuuge thanks to Courtney Hicks, Louise Gabriel, Joe Hoppard, Matthew Charles Davis, Kevin Campbell-Wright, Hannah Jowett, and especially Dr Danae Dodge, who shared lots of these excellent social media interview questions.
Join our online academy for a whole year of social media magic.
Our students are producing creative, attention-grabbing content for social media that gets more likes, shares and comments than they ever dreamed of.