With limited training and comms budgets, it can be hard to make the case for taking a course. But your development is IMPORTANT!
Here is a template email you can send to the person who decides.
(Or maybe you’re the person who decides – in which case, here’s why your colleague should attend!)
Edit as needed, and show them the benefits of investing in you.
Dear [manager/training manager name],
I would like the opportunity to join the Comms Creatives Academy, a year long-training programme for comms and marketing professionals.
The Comms Creatives Academy provides instant access to more than 30 social media classes, live monthly training, 3 in-depth courses and support from a welcoming community of communications professionals.
Each month there are new online events that will give me the opportunity to learn new trends and skills that will improve our social media and grow my confidence and expertise.
- Enrolment in the Social Media Expert Course – which teaches strategic and tactical skills that will boost our social media engagement and help me develop my creative content skills.
- Enrolment in the Social Media Strategist Course – which teaches how to create a social media strategy that integrates with our comms, marketing and business strategies
- Enrolment in the Social Media SOS Course – which teaches us how to prepare and respond to a crisis (it’s very important for our reputation that we are ready to deal with whatever may happen!)
- New online training every month (taught by leading comms experts), and exclusive access to a library of 30+ social media classes designed for communications and marketing professionals
- Monthly wellbeing sessions – offering stress-relieving and creativity enhancing activities and practices
- A private Facebook group where I can learn best practice, gain support and get my questions answered.
- Personal advice and motivation whenever I need it, at the monthly online Spark! comms clinics
The programme is designed to dramatically increase our social media engagement with a proven digital communications training framework.
It aims to develop skills, but also build confidence, creativity, wellbeing and leadership.
For this quality and level of training, that includes personal support and unlimited access, the programme is excellent value.
The return on investment will be huge.
As the training is practical, I will be able to very quickly use the learning in my work, so we quickly produce more creative, effective content and see higher engagement rates in our social media communications.
We will get particular value from the training on [insert course or class in the training programme that’s important to you or your organisation].
The full training programme can be found here.
I will commit to sharing what I learn with the team/others in the organisation, so colleagues can all grow their skills
It’s a long term investment in my professional development in other ways:
- I can network with other communications professionals
- Once I complete courses I will gain the certificates that demonstrate my learning and enhanced abilities
- I’ll be better at strategy, reporting and influencing our colleagues internally to support and value our work
I want to join this year long flexible training programme so I understand and can implement the newest and most effective communications techniques.
The trainer, Hel Reynolds, has won many communications and PR awards, including SoME Comms awards, CIPR recognition and was winner of the 2018 Social Media Marketing Awards. She has an exemplary reputation for training communications professionals.
I’ll also access insight and teaching from leading communications experts in their field.
You can see the excellent reviews from former and current students here.
Costs, location, duration
The cost is £1499+VAT per person to join the programme for a year of access to all the training and resources.
Team membership is £4999+VAT for up to 6 people.
All training is all online, and so it saves the financial and environmental cost of travel and accommodation.
Being online and available any time that suits me, means it is also very flexible.
I am keen to book as soon as possible, as our team has important work to implement and we need to make our communications as engaging and sharable as we can, to ensure we make an impact.
I’d be so grateful if you’d consider this opportunity for me to develop my skills, and bring the organisation even more value from my work.